Have you ever heard of an online campaign where you donate? Sounds familiar.
What if you win a prize? To some, it could be a scam. It may seem like a scam to some, but it is not to others. It is understandable. Giving away prizes and helping people in need is a good thing. It is important to notice how transparent one campaign can be. Omaze makes it more enjoyable to take part in the campaign.
Don’t worry; all of this is researched. This review will explain how Omaze works. Most importantly, how your money will be donated in the process. Let’s get to it!
Before you continue, you may want to check out this video by Seante Shep on YouTube that gives a quick review. After, you’ll want to read the rest of our article for a more comprehensive review.
Omaze Overview Omaze Funding Wv 30% To Wv Where The Other 70%
Omaze is a fundraising platform that accepts cash donations. All donations will go to charities. In return, prizes will be awarded. They challenge the notion of charities providing opportunities for people. These are unique experiences that you will never forget.
For as little as $10, you can participate in any sweepstakes from Omaze. While they do give their contributions to charity, they are a for-profit company. They do not hide it from you. Transparency will ensure that all donations are equally shared.
Omaze also gives users the choice of which charity organization they can donate to. These include:
- After-School All-Stars
- Julia’s House
- Product Red
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
Both the pros and cons
- Donations will go to charity
- There are prizes to be won
- You can meet celebrities
- Accepts contributions from all over the globe
- No refund policy
- Customer support is not available via live chat
- Some campaigns do not involve a celebrity.
How Omaze works
You participate in a sweepstake raffle with various prizes in return. Omaze also brings in A-list celebrities when one campaign involves them. Contributions are accepted for any campaign.
Donations in Omaze go directly to Charities Aid Foundation America (CAF America). They accept both domestic and international donations. CAF America will give the proceeds from the sweepstakes as a charitable grant to designated organizations.
What Kind of Prizes Do You Get from Omaze?
Omaze offers prizes that can give you once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Cash or large prizes such as a new car, house or lot can be won by Omaze.
Some past giveaways include:
- Attending the Game of Thrones season finale with actress Emilia Clarke
- Pope Francis blesses a Lamborghini
Every Wednesday, the Omaze website announces the winners. Once you get the email, you can claim the prize.
How Do You Enter A Sweepstake from Omaze?
You can donate $10 to enter, as we have already stated. You can also enter without spending anything. On the sweepstakes page of any campaign, you’ll find the “Free Alternate Method of Entry” link.
When 10 days pass, the campaign will close. The winner is chosen by an automated drawing lot. This prevents favoritism to those who entered the sweepstake through other means.
Each sweepstakes has its own rules. Omaze is no exception. Some of them can include exceptions when it’s listed on the page. One campaign, for example, is open to all countries with the exception of the United States of America.
Can You Get Disqualified in Omaze’s Sweepstakes?
When you don’t meet the requirements stated in Omaze, you can get disqualified. Your participation in Omaze will be canceled if you don’t follow the rules.
Some reasons can also include:
- Failure to provide a valid email address
- No immediate response from a winning notification
- Inability to verify the identity within 7 working days
- False or incomplete information
Are There Any Issues With Omaze’s Sweepstakes Entry?
While scams are known in other organizations, it is vital to research the information beforehand. Omaze has not yet found any problems with sweepstakes.
Verify the information if it actually comes from Omaze. Since you are donating cash, your payment information could be most at risk.
Remember: Omaze doesn’t store any payment information about donors.
Omaze: What people think
Omaze is often met with mixed reactions. On one hand, people love the dedication the company is doing. On the other hand, people are not always satisfied with the company’s response.
One possible reason is in one campaign, a user complained of not receiving the prizes despite following the rules. Another complaint is overcharging what was donated.
For the overall experience, people loved the approach in their sweepstakes. It was easy to follow and entries were not subject to any conflicts. Even though they didn’t win any prizes, the result was rewarding for them. It’s a win-win either way.
Omaze offers a customer service platform. It can be found on the support page. You can also contact them via email. You can also click the “Submit request” link to send an inquiry along with your contacts. However, there is no live chat.
Omaze’s business model has no mention of having a refund policy. Once they gather the donations, it will not be refunded to the donors. This is not also mentioned in their help centre.
Customer service can help you get a refund for a donation you have made.
Pricing and Cost
By this point, you should know that Omaze is a for-profit company. Each donation given will fund their campaigns and prizes.
Only a small percentage is actually given to charity. 60% percent of this is given to fundraisers if a celebrity is involved in the campaign. Expect different prices if no celebrity is present. Below is an estimate of the breakdown.
|Donation Funnel||Experiences based on prizes||Celebrity experience|
|Donation from user||$10||$10|
They do in fact help. However, both sides need to be compensated.
Alternatives to Omaze
While you can start with Omaze to give back to people, there are more choices out there. One of which is the All-In Challenge Foundation. Compared to Omaze, the former is a non-profit organization. Omaze Funding Wv 30% To Wv Where The Other 70%
They also offer celebrity experiences while also helping charity. Donations, like Omaze, are exempt from tax.
Omaze offers a great way to help people. You can still enter their sweepstakes even though cash is not required. Each donation will benefit the charities they’ve partnered up with. All prizes may not be guaranteed to be the same quality. Omaze Funding Wv 30% To Wv Where The Other 70%
With the possibility of participating A-list celebrities, the rules may differ per sweepstake. If you don’t read the terms, you could lose your money instead of giving a hand.
There is no refund policy at the moment. You need to discuss this with customer service when there are problems with the sweepstake.
Each campaign is easy to participate in, and there are no red tapes involved. All in all, Omaze allows you to give back to charity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Omaze Funding Wv 30% To Wv Where The Other 70%
What is Omaze?
Omaze is a for-profit fundraising company that runs sweepstakes with prizes for giveaways. Ryan Cummins, Matthew Pohlson and others founded it in 2012.
They created it at a charity auction that they attended. They used the existing model as a basis to create a more seamless platform for charities. They aim to give money in kind to all the charities with which they have partnered. Any amount will do since it will be given to those in need.
Is Omaze a legal company?
Yes. Omaze is also privately owned. Keep in mind that Omaze needs profit to run its sweepstakes. Although they give away prizes, Omaze is not a charity. They do it to be different from all the rest.
About $1.50 of every $10 donation as each donation given is spent on marketing and other donations. The charity receives $1.50 more.
Is Omaze able to issue a refund?
Omaze does not offer a refund policy. This is due to their donations being given to various charity organizations. You have to contact customer service when there are problems with the donation.
Is Omaze a tax-deductible charity?
Donations are not tax-deductible. They are therefore exempt from tax. All donations are accepted by Charities Aid Foundation America on their official website. This also means that international contributions are accepted by U.S. donors.
Do people actually get anything on Omaze?
Yes. Winners are announced on Omaze’s official website every Wednesday. The winners are contacted via email and can claim their prize within 24 hours. There are documents provided that prove your win, so you won’t get the short end of the stick.
Omaze can be used to benefit charities
Most of the time. They do get benefits, albeit a small amount. You will receive information about the donations that you made. These donations will be displayed on the campaign page.
Can non-profit organizations work with Omaze?
Yes, they can. You can contact their email with the details about the inquiry.
Is Omaze accepting payment donations recurring?
No. No. Omaze donations are not recurring. Payment information is not stored by the company, and you will not be charged more than once.